Spicy's Mailbox



"Spicy,

Jason Rohrblogger (Link fixed- Sorry J!) here. I see you put a link to me on your blog! Boo-YAH!. I have linked to you as well...
My buddy Eric Edwards is doing a one-man show called "Just Step" at The Sherry in North Hollywood. It's about the fact that he was a popular heavy actor in Hollywood and then he lost 210 pounds and now he can't find work. It's funny and sad and it's gotten great reviews.
Most of one-man shows I've seen, especially by comedians, are just their stand-up act rehashed into a 90-minute set with a beginning and middle, but no end. Eric's show is very poignant and everyone I've ever taken to see it has loved it.
Last night I helped out by taping Eric's one-man show so he can send a DVD to (a very important person). Andy Dick the star of "NewsRadio" and "The Andy Dick Show" just happened to stop by and see the taping. We all hung out afterwards with Sherry, the owner of the theater and Ken Dubner, the writer. I was hoping to observe some out-of-control Hollywood decadence but everybody just had Diet Coke and bottled water. ~:-(
I don't know if these candid shots of me (with the beard) and Eric Edwards with Andy Dick are worthy of your Smack, but here they are...
-Jason"